The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. Done.
2. Paste these rules on your blog post. Done.
3. Respond to the following prompts (in bold). Done.
4. Add a prompt of your own and answer it. Hmm - in the interest of getting this post completed this year, I'm going to skip this step.
5. Tag a few other bloggers at the bottom of the post. Done (kind of).
6. Leave "Tagged You" notices on their blog/Facebook.
7. Let the person who tagged you know when you've written the post. Done
1) The best investment you ever made:
The time spent getting to know my husband when we were dating. Because of my work schedule, it was often difficult to get to see each other, but we spent a lot of time on the phone, chatting online and emailing each other. Next best investment - travelling as much as I could while I was young and single, even though the list of places I want to see is still very long.
2) If you could’ve written any book, directed any movie, and composed any song, which three would you pick:
Simply because of the money it generated and the change it made in JK Rowling's lifestyle, I wish I had written the Harry Potter series. From the impact his work has had over the generations, I wish I had written anything by Shakespeare. Which movie and song do I wish I had written? Hmm - that's harder as movies and songs are not as important in my life as books. Maybe Picnic at Hanging Rock, for a movie (though I haven't seen it in years and it may not be what I remember!) and something by the Beatles for a song.
3) Weirdest quirk:
DH says that would be my . . . SQUIRREL!! . . . tendency to get easily distracted. I don't think that's weird - I know lots of people with ADD! I'm sure there are plenty of other people who would take 10 days or more to answer the questions in this meme!
4) One wish immediately granted:
Decent, affordable, health care coverage for everyone.
5) Most expensive hobby
Jewelry making or knitting. Jewelry making - obvious - even making your own jewelry is not cheap if you have expensive tastes. No silver-colored or gold-colored beads and findings thank you, I want the real thing! Yarn is stupidly expensive nowadays, though thanks to Ravelry and growing confidence in my own design abilities, I haven't had to buy any patterns in a while.
6) An inexhaustible gift card at which store
The Apple store or my local yarn store.
7) In another lifetime, you'd be:
8) The most famous/interesting member of your family tree:
No one particularly famous in our family tree that I know of, but my mother has some interesting stories about her great-grandmother, Hettie:
"her sons would bring their best clothes to my grandma’s house … if they left them at home, Hettie took them to the pawn shop to get cash for drink.9) The most famous person you've ever met:
On one occasion she was badly burnt when she tipped a pan of boiling porridge on her lap… she was sitting by the fire brewing the stuff, when she tipped it down herself. There was an implication that she was the worse for drink when it happened, because despite extensive damage to lower abdomen and thighs, she was reported to feel no great pain."
King Hussein of Jordan. He died too young.
If you're looking for blog fodder and feel like answering these questions, consider yourself tagged, but don't forget to let me know when your post is up!