Monday, May 19, 2008

Tupperware

I hadn't been to a Tupperware party in over ten years and now I've been to two in as many weeks, and I'm having one of my own next week. Tupperware is still Tupperware - all the old faithfuls are still there. Some new colours of course. There are a few new pieces that don't look like traditional Tupperware:
and some others that are probably not new but I was never interested in them before. One piece of Tupperware I'd quite like is not available in the US though - Tupperware in the UK sells a bread box.

Given that I had already booked a Tupperware party of my own, Ann invited me to hers with the encouragement that she really didn't expect me to buy anything, but I might as well come over and socialize. She explained that it was going to be a Tupperware 'cocktail party'. DH dropped me off at 4, with the expectation that I would call him when I was ready to come home, probably around 6. Well, there was red wine, rather a lot of champagne, cosmopolitans . . . and I think it was gone 7 when I suddenly realized my own children were in the room. DH had given up waiting and had come to fetch me. Of course then my kids started playing with Ann's kids, and the mothers all wanted to know what was up with DH's strange posture, and it was gone 8 by the time we left and the children still hadn't had dinner!

The next morning I got an email from Ann:
Had fun yesterday... very glad you could join us. But I fear there's something inherently wrong about being slightly hung-over after a Tupperware party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Tupperware parties are making a come-back. Silpada jewelry parties are making the rounds here. The email quote from Ann made me chuckle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails