Friday, October 10, 2008

6 things meme

Karen (aka CrunchieMummy) tagged me to do this meme.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know he/she has been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Six rules. Six things about myself.

1. I've worn glasses since the age of 7. I hated them and as soon as I heard about contact lenses decided that I would get some. At age 13 I was the first in my class to get them, which confused the teachers who were supposed to make sure I wore my glasses. They thought I was lying when I said I had contact lenses.

2. I'm terrified of deep water. Swimming pools are OK, but I hate lakes and rivers.

3. I somehow always knew I wouldn't marry a Brit, though I never imagined I'd marry an American. I thought my kids would be bilingual, but I suppose they are in a way.

4. I had a hampster as a child that died after eating a green crayon that my brother fed it. I'm sure the color was significant. Had it not been green, the hampster wouldn't have eaten it. (My brother was a toddler at the time, so I don't blame him!)

5. I've almost never used a PC. I'm very happy using my Macintosh computer.

6. I'm nickel sensitive like my maternal grandmother. This proved to be a problem when I didn't think to tell my Ob/gyn and she used staples instead of stitches when I had my first C-section. You can be sure I let her know the next time around!

Hmm - now I'm supposed to tag 6 people . . . I hate this part of it . . . so if you want to do it, go ahead - let me know and I'll put a link here!


3 comments:

Mmm said...

I can really relate to one part of your meme--I also knew I'd never marry a Brit but, unlike you, I knew from about 6 years old on that one day I'd no doubt marry an American as i was always attracted to them more than anyone else!---yes, even at 6!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, very insightful! I take it you are not partial to anything green these days?

I too have worn glasses but from the age of 13 onwards, but only in the clasroom when I absolutely had to. I got my first contact lenses for my 16th birthday and the world changed!!

Anonymous said...

Chuckling at your "thought my kids would be bilingual ... suppose they are in a way" comment. I'm Irish (as is my DH), but we live in Seattle. My kids regularly correct my choice of words and diction!

Related Posts with Thumbnails