One of the things about living other than where I grew up is not being able to use catch phrases from TV shows or share memories of the strange shows I grew up with. I remember Listen With Mother ("Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin!") on the radio in the afternoons, and Watch With Mother which was a time slot rather than a specific show on TV.
The Magic Roundabout was on right before the 6 o'clock news. In our house (when I was little at least) as soon as it ended, it was time to go and get ready for bed.
This appears to be an entire episode, except where's Zebedee saying "Goodnight! Time for bed!" Was that not in every show after all? And what is with that awful music?
I can't imagine why as a kid I thought this was interesting. Looking through the videos on YouTube, I'm amazed how bad so many of the the kids' TV shows were! I remember bits and pieces of a few of them.
Can you name the shows that go with these memories?
- "Little weeeeed!"
- Spotty Dog (who walked in a really weird way).
- "Anything can happen in the next half hour!"
- "Hugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub!"
- "A house. With a door. One. Two. Three. Four."
- The soup dragon
- "Making good use of the things that we find, things that the everyday folks leave behind."
*My favorite phrase from Mo Willems' Knuffle Bunny is not "aggle flaggle" but "going boneless" to describe a toddler who does not want to be picked up!