Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall

fall

I was hoping when I took this that you'd see the colours on the hillside in the background. I'm happy that the tomatoes and peppers have not succumbed to frost yet. The pot on the right had (dead/dying) nicotiana in it that I pulled out and replaced with the chrysanthemum today. I may try to overwinter the geraniums as they are doing so well but haven't figured out where in the house I'd put them. The pumpkins won't get carved until closer to Halloween - the temperatures are supposed to be back up in the 70's this week and carved pumpkins will rot much faster. Is it fall yet with temperatures like that?

4 comments:

ADDY said...

We have been enjoying those sort of temperatures here in London this last week. It is lovely to have a bit more "summer" when you least expect it. Your veranda/porch looks beautiful and so well-tended.

Unknown said...

What a lovely porch you have, and no it's not Fall when the weather is still in the 70's!

Stinking Billy said...

'Leaf Peeping' is a new one on me, but I understood when I saw your following photographs. Beautiful post, babba! x

Mom/Mum said...

am jealous of your proch...

Related Posts with Thumbnails