Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese

I was very cruel to my husband today. DS had a birthday party to go to and I suggested to DH that he might like to take DS. He knew that the party was at Chuck E. Cheese's, but apparently what that involved was unclear to him so he said yes. I've never been there myself, but I've heard enough about it that it was the last place I wanted to spend my Saturday afternoon!

Several hours after he returned home, and three beers later, he was still shaking his head in amazement.

"An onslaught to the senses."

"No wonder people don't like America if they think that's a typical American experience."

"It was so awful!"

"Hell on earth!"

"Chuck E. Cheese would make a lot more money if they sold alcohol to anesthetize the parents, but they probably couldn't sell it fast enough!"

Apparently the parents of the birthday boy were stunned too. "It wasn't like this 20 years ago!"

DS, on the other hand, had a blast and wants to know if he can have his next birthday party there.



That would be a resounding "NO!" from both parents.

Apparently I now owe DH big time!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

20 years ago, the parents of the birthday boy were probably celebrating their birthdays at Chuck E. Cheese's, so it was better for them then.

In 20 years DS will come home from Chuck E Cheese's and say "It wasn't like this 20 years ago!" whilst drinking 3 beers.

Expat mum said...

Ugh - I hate that place with a passion. The nearest one to us stinks, and your feet stick to the floor. I dread to think what's at the bottom of the ball pit. Thankfully, my little one is blissfully unaware of its existence.

Canoez said...

It was stranger than I care to relate - there were probably no less than 12 birthday parties that either ended, happened or were beginning while DS and I were in the place. There was a costumed birthday party going on at the table next to us with a Harry Potter theme... This included a whole family of Weasleys-red hair and all. The "birthday boy" was in a purple robe and the candles all burned in strange colors.

Odd. Really odd.

Canoez said...

Oh yeah. Darling - you owe me one BIG TIME.

Mmm said...

I went to Chuckee cheese's twice when kids were younger and will never go back again. Ghastly, is the right word.

Bluestreak said...

Oh, those freaky Chuck E. Cheese singing puppets. Yeah, that is weird that there´s no alcohol there. Not even beer? How can the parents handle it?

Mom/Mum said...

I agree with expat mum - our local one is disgusting and the kids have been twice. both times they came back with ear infections. I don't think the place has ever seen a bottle of bleach.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I avoid that place too! Our closest one is about an hour away -- yipeeeee! Now, those indoor bouncey castle places -- I LOVE those! Hehe!

Iota said...

It is, without doubt, the most dreadful place on earth. But children love it.

Then only amusement value (and I hope I'm not offending anyone here - not intended) is that you can call it Chucky Jesus, and no-one notices.

Canoez said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TwQAksE5T4

Related Posts with Thumbnails